Lahey Health Histology Technologist, per diem in Beverly, Massachusetts
About the Job
Beverly Hospital, A member of Lahey Health, promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care.You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, and Empathy.
Processes tissue specimens and prepares microscopic slides for Pathologists' & Cytotechnologists’ use in patient diagnoses. Assists Pathologist on surgical bench. Assumes responsibility for compliance with all standards, quality control/quality assurance activities, inventory control, cost containment practices, policies, and procedures as required by regulatory/accrediting agencies, hospital and/or laboratory administration to ensure the overall accuracy reliability and quality of information relayed to the customer. Acts as a liaison between customers and the laboratory to promote increased customer satisfaction with laboratory services by both successfully answering inquires/resolving problems and by presenting a positive, professional image. Performs applicable LIS procedures. As assigned, responsible for working weekends, holidays, and for covering other than primary shift.
· Requires knowledge in general biology, anatomy, physiology, and chemistry with an
understanding of the scientific method
· Performs a variety of technical procedures that result in the creation of microscopic slide preparations including:
specimen collection and triage
embedding and microtomy techniques
routine, special and IHC staining
special specimen preparation
· Operates and maintains lab instruments
· Maintains records and documentation required to manage the daily workflow and provide QC/QA monitors
· Demonstrates interpersonal skills required to successfully perform as a team member in a constantly changing environment
· Maintains confidentiality regarding all phases of laboratory work and findings
Per diem, hours assigned as needed.
· Associate's Degree and three year's histology experience
· Baccalaureate degree and one year histology experience
Certification/License: HT or HTL (ASCP)